February is Love Your Library Month! How can you show your love for your local public library?
- Write a library love letter to the editor of your local paper (or your elected representative).
- Join the Friends group (or pledge to get more involved).
- Bake a treat for library staff.
- Read. Read. Read.
- Introduce a non-user to the library (be creative here).
- Put the next public hearing about the library's budget on your calendar.
If you love your work in a library...
- Spread the word. Issue a proclamation!
- Promote your romance collection.
- Offer a candy heart to patrons.
- Offer an amnesty on overdue fines.
- Organize a "love your library" fundraiser.
- Find a special way to thank your volunteers.
- Remind yourself why you first fell in love with your profession.
Tags: community relations, libraries, operations, reading