Advancing America's Libraries
Sound research drives effective strategy
Audience-centered research results in forward-thinking, proactive strategy. We help libraries better serve patrons and more effectively reach out to prospective library users. Our library consulting team assesses service population needs and perceptions, identifies service gaps, gauges organizational health, and highlights new opportunities to propel library success.
- Benchmarking: measure library efficiency against peers
- Executive interviews & focus groups: identify themes in community conversations
- Surveys: quantify input
- Market segmentation study: get to know library users and non-users
- Facilitated planning: bring stakeholders to consensus
Training + Workshops
Organizational wellness begins with informed and skilled stakeholders
Our in-person training sessions address some of the most challenging issues facing 21st century libraries.
- Library trends: discover what’s new in library world
- Board building: work effectively as a team to fulfill the library’s mission
- Social media strategy: develop a plan to reach targeted audiences
- Website content strategy: work smarter with analytics and SEO
- Library leaders: understand management styles and learn to lead effectively
- Customized training programs: ensure staff and library leadership have the tools to succeed
Branding + Communications
Establish the library as an essential community asset
- Logos, taglines, and graphic standards
- Messaging and positioning
- Outreach and public relations strategies
- Communications design
- Social media strategy and assets
Digital Branch Development
Combine beauty and brains for an attractive, easy to use website
As the library's online branch, an information-rich and navigable website puts its resources in the hands of its customers.
- Distinctive design that showcases your library’s brand
- Easy-to-use content management system
- Tools and techniques for optimizing the site’s visibility
- Ready customer access to collections, services, and programming
- Accessible, mobile-responsive, and audience-centric development
Ivy Group Library Consultants
Marketing expertise + library experience
Meet Your Consulting Team
We've partnered with over 100 communities across the United States, including:
I am grateful for your time, perspective, and participation. We have already learned some new and unexpected things from our conversations, and are very much looking forward to learning even more.Satisfied Library Client
How can we help?
Engage. Serve. Thrive.
Each community calls for unique solutions and our clients value our customized and creative problem-solving. We invite you to call us to discuss your library’s circumstances and challenges.Let's chat View our blog