AGENCY SEEKS CONTENT MANAGER. The Ivy Group seeks a writer who is equal parts creative and critical to masterfully balance style with substance. The Content Manager will eagerly tackle tasks as diverse as teasing out the value proposition for a new B2B venture and capturing a university's special something to resonate with the world's most elusive audience—teenagers!
The ideal candidate demonstrates impressive writing chops, shows technical know-how, keeps the fresh ideas coming, has a borderline obsessive attention to detail, and is an all-around good human being.
This position is in-person in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Take ownership of content creation from conception to completion: determining strategy, drafting copy, incorporating team and client feedback, optimizing the content for the platform, and evaluating results
- Distill many inputs (e.g., audience research, brand voice, client direction) into content strategy and key messages
- Vary voice, style, and other characteristics as relevant for the industry, company, or target audience
- Draft short- and long-form content, including multimedia ad copy, social media posts, press releases, marketing plans, sales collateral, cover letters, case studies, and blogs
- Conduct keyword research, optimize digital content for search engines, and align with writing for the web best practices
- Originate creative and brand messaging, including taglines, campaign slogans, and mission/vision statements
- Masterfully use tools such as MailChimp, WordPress, and Meta Business Suite to publish content
- Draft, format, and edit proposals in response to prospect inquiries Critically (yet with a collaborative spirit) edit team members' work
- Proofread communications to ensure materials are on brand, aligned with strategy, clear, and error-free
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or related discipline
- 1+ year experience as a copywriter or marketing professional; equivalent coursework and internship experience will be considered
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work independently and manage multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with coworkers and clients to deliver the best work possible
- Passion for helping communities and purpose-driven brands thrive
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, Meta Business Suite, Semrush, and Google Ads preferred
About The Ivy Group
The Ivy Group is a full-service marketing and strategic consulting firm that advances passionate brands to positively impact communities. Since our founding over thirty years ago, we have collaborated with a variety of diverse organizations—from small businesses to global corporations, public libraries to national non-profits, housing authorities to health-focused organizations—to develop communications programs that address business and social challenges. Above all, we value intentional problem solving, respectful collaboration, doing the best work possible, continuous learning, integrity, and kindness.
Sound like your vibe? Join our team!
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Ivy Group are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
The Ivy Group does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tags: Ivy Group Team