AGENCY SEEKS COPYWRITER. The Ivy Group seeks a writer who is equal parts creative and critical to masterfully balance style with substance. The copywriter will eagerly tackle tasks as diverse as teasing out the technical nuance of a manufacturing process and capturing a university's special something to resonate with the world's most elusive audience--teenagers! The ideal candidate demonstrates impressive writing chops, keeps the fresh ideas coming, has a borderline obsessive attention to detail, and is an all-around good human being.
This position is in-person in Charlottesville, Virginia with some remote work available.
- Distill many inputs (e.g., audience research, brand voice, client direction) into key messages
- Originate creative messaging, including taglines and campaign slogans
- Draft short- and long-form content, including multimedia ad copy, scripts, social media posts, press releases, marketing plans, sales collateral, case studies, and blogs
- Draft proposals in response to prospect inquiries
- Critically (yet with a collaborative spirit) edit team members' work
- Proofread communications to ensure materials are on brand, clear, and error-free
- Optimize digital content for search engines and align with writing for the web best practices
- Vary voice, style, and other characteristics as relevant for the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or related discipline
- 1+ years' experience as a copywriter or marketing professional; equivalent coursework and internship experience will be considered
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work independently and manage multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with coworkers and clients to deliver the best work possible
- Passion for helping communities and purpose-driven brands thrive
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office
About The Ivy Group
The Ivy Group is a full-service marketing and strategic consulting firm that advances passionate brands to positively impact communities. Since our founding over thirty years ago, we have collaborated with a variety of diverse organizations--from small businesses to global corporations, public libraries to national non-profits, housing authorities to health-focused organizations--to develop communications programs that address business and social challenges. Above all, we value intentional problem solving, respectful collaboration, doing the best work possible, continuous learning, integrity, and kindness.
Sound like your vibe? Join our team!
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Ivy Group are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
The Ivy Group does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.