"Facebook is and always will be free." So saith Facebook. Sworn statements. Vows. Do you believe it?
Here are comments (and hairbrained theories) floating around:
- "Like any addictive substance, Facebook's pushers are getting us hooked so that we will have to pay big time."
- "Facebook is the public arena. It is the air we breathe, the water we drink, etcetera.”
- "Facebook is the military industrical [sic.] complex wearing hippie beads."
- "Just another pretty face...says one thing, does another."
- "I pay $19.95 a month to access the Internet. Facebook is not free."
- "Without free access to Facebook, there would have been no Arab Spring."
- "Remember when bubble gum was two cents? What do you pay for gum these days?"
- "Anything worth having is worth paying for."
- "... no way we poor people will pay hey admin what about the poor people who use this"
- "Facebook is funded by the adds [sic]."
- "It might be a way to pay off the national debt."